Since a young age I have been a huge fan of chips in fact anything made of potato be it Jackets,wedges, hash browns, bhajis or anything else I can think of. When I moved to the UK I remember staying with my Aunt and Uncle and one day when my aunt and mum mentioned the word chips I had the biggest smile on my face, I went to get the potatoes and was about to start peeling them when my aunt said no need to do that as you get frozen chips. Since that day and even after I got married my freezer always had a few bags of oven chips. Despite having an addiction to this being healthy was always my priority so after my weight gain in my first pregnancy I decided to join Slimming World as I had seen the results from a friend. After my first session I could not believe I could consume unlimited potatoes as long as they were cooked in a healthy manner. When I found out you can make slimming world chips I was in the kitchen that same night preparing them and since then I have never looked back. All those who have tried slimming world chips and wedges have been converted.
This guilt free Veggie platter is a favourite whether its for dinner, catch up with friends or a light snack and the best thing is its totally guilt free but full of flavour.
Slimming World Syns: Green- Free Extra Easy- Free
Serving Size: Platter for two
Ingredients for Spiced Wedges:
5 Medium sized potatoes cut into wedges approx 1-2″ thick
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic granules
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Method for Wedges:
1. Spray 2-3 sprays of frylight on a baking tray. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. In a pan of boiling water add the potatoes and bring to boil for about 10-15 mins, do not over boil or wedges will break.
3. Once potatoes are cooked drain the water and using a kitchen paper pat the potato wedges to remove any excess water.
4. In a small bowl add all the spices, place the potatoes in the prepared tray, spray fry light till you get an even covering and add all the spices. Mix spices into potatoes until they are coated.
5. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or more if you want them crispier. Whilst the potatoes are in the oven check them half way through and turn, add a couple of sprays of fry light if required.
6. Once the wedges are baked remove the tray from the oven and arrange on a platter.
Ingredients for corn on cob:
2 Corn on Cob
1 tsp veg stock
1.5 tsp garlic granules
1 tbsp cumin and coriander powder
juice of one lemon
1/4 tsp chilli powder
4-5 sprigs of fresh coriander chopped finely
1. Spray a baking tray with fry light. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C
2. In a pan bring water and vegetable stock to boil, once the water is boiling break the cobs into half and place in boiling water for about 8-10 mins.
3. In a bowl mix all the spices, coriander and lemon juice into a paste.
4. Once the corn is boiled, drain the water and allow the cobs to cool down to a suitable temperature for rubbing the paste mix onto the corn.
5. Line the corn on the baking tray, spray with fry light and roast in the oven for about 15 mins turning them half way through.
6. Once roasted, remove from oven and arrange on platter.
Ingredients for Tomato Salsa:
10 sprigs of fresh corriander
1 green chilli
3 medium size tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
salt to taste
squeeze of lemon juice.
1. In a blender add all of the above ingredients and blend till you get the salsa consistency.
2. Pour the salsa in a bowl and serve with wedges and corn on cob.
Arrange all of the above in a platter and serve.