Following on from those spooky Halloween sugar cookies we made a batch of cookie pops. I have been meaning to bake cookie pops for quite some time but actually never got round to it. Whilst rumaging through all my cake decorating box I came across a pack of cookie sticks and my son “stated can we make lollipops” to which I replied why not cookie pops and his eyes light up. My sugar cookie recipe works extremely well with this as the cookie holds it’s shape and the stick.
Iced Sugar Cookie Pops
Makes: approx 20 large cookie pops, if making smaller then will yield more
1 Batch Sugar Cookie Recipe
6-8 Tbsp icing sugar
10ml Orange juice
Various Sprinkles or toppings
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degree C or 180 for fan assisted.
2. Roll out the dough to thickness that will cover the cookie stick once inserted.
3. Use round cutters to cut out circle shapes. Arrange on baking tray, gently insert the cookie stick half way into the cut out shape. When inserting place palm of hand over the cookie rather than the sides or else you will loose shape.
4. Bake in oven for 15 mins till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and leave to cool on tray for 2-3 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack for cooling.
6. To make the icing, add little amounts of orange juice to icing sugar, you are aiming for a semi thick spread consistency.
7. Once cookies are cool, use a spoon to spread icing onto the cookies and decorate with sprinkles.
Look at these delightful and colourful cookies, sure to brighten up anyones day. These cookie pops would go well with any kids parties, why not bake a batch and get the kids to decorate it sure will keep them busy for some time.