With Christmas only 6 weeks away and stores filled with beautiful Christmas foods, decoration and scents it has really started to feel like the festive season. At this time of the year home made gifts make wonderful gifts for family and friends. For the past few years all of my home made gift hampers have been welcomed by all and hampers were created and based around who was recieving them and what they like. These scrumptious chocolate,berry and nut clusters are sure to charm anyone who loves this combination especially with a hint of lime. Roasting the nuts before hand releases the gorgeous nutty flavour and adds that extra crunch to your bite. Dark chocolate as ever is good for you and it compliments well with tangy, sweet cranberries, pistachios, almonds and lime zest.
Chocolate Nut and Berry Clusters with a hint of Lime
Makes: 15-20 clusters
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
100g Almonds with skin
70g Pistachios with skin
80g Dried cranberries
200g Dark chocolate I used 74%
Zest of 2 limes
1. Roast almonds in the microwave for 2 minutes, stir and roast again for 1 minute.
2. Roast pistachios in microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring in between. Let the nuts cool down.
3. Chop the nuts in half, add cranberries and lime zest.
4. Melt the chocolate and butter in Bain Mare, pour melted chocolate over the nut and berry mix and stir until well coated in chocolate.
5. Spoon small amounts of clusters on grease proof paper and let them cool.
6. Once cooled either wrap them into small bags or store them in an air tight container.