Nearly a month ago I received a lovely message from Chef Divya that she has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Firstly I was overcome with joy to have received an award nomination in less than three months of blogging so thank you so much Divya it is very heart-felt and touching. Chef Divya has a lovely collection of recipes on her blog which are inspiring and she is also very supportive of others and their recipes so thank you for welcoming me to this lovely blogging community. I was so keen to find out what the Liebster award was all about. Luckily Divya had already researched this and had written the following on her blog “In German, ‘Liebster’ can mean variety of things like lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, beloved etc”. So based on this I am truly honoured to have received this Award. Rules of this award:-
- Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
- Answer the questions that I have asked
- Create 10 questions to ask your nominees
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
As per the rules I have to answer 10 questions set by Divya which are as follows:-
- What inspired you to write?
Family and friends who believe in me and have always enjoyed my cooking and baking inspired me to start a blog so that I could share my recipes and creations with everyone.
- Your role model in cooking.
My main role models are my mum and grandmother, without their encouragement and teachings I wouldn’t be where I am. My famous role model is the Late Tarla Dalal, I have a good collection of her recipe books.
- Any dish or snack which you can eat any time of the day?
It has to be Kenyan chevda, no matter what time of the day it is I can consume sufficient amounts but I have to keep in control.
- Some interesting fact about you.
A few years ago in my “20’s” I used to model Indian attire/clothing, I was part of a dance group, I was a fitness fanatic doing karate, kick boxing, athletics, net ball and gym until I injured my back. My full time job is a Specialist Occupational Therapist, working with adults and I find it very rewarding.
- Any hobby or passion beside cooking?
I have always been passionate about indian dancing and have participated in a few performances and till date have taught dance to children in school and continue to dance away whatever the occasion. I also love listening to music and love the sound of Dhol (not because my husband is a Dhol Player, knowing he is and teaches was a bonus). Dancing to the sound of beats sends me into my own little world just like cooking.
- Which place you feel relaxed the most?
This is a difficult one as those who know me will tell you I am not one to relax, constantly on the go, however, I personally feel more relaxed when I am in my kitchen baking without any constraints on time or pressures.
- Do you plan your day?
I like to organise myself and yes I do like to plan however, over time I have learnt to be flexible, so have a plan and adapt it if needs be.
- Your favorite book.
I am unfortunately not an avid reader so can’t say which one is my favourite.
- Any song which you can relate to?
A beautiful Hindu Bhajan: Jeete Bhi Lakdi Marte bhi Lakdi you can listen to it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4736d9hcrxM Meaning: value of a piece of wood, when you are born you have a cot made of wood, when you die you have a coffin made of wood, the many uses a piece of wood has in your life time and its strength. I relate that to valuing human individuals who support you unconditionally and never to forget them as they will always come to help and support you whenever in need. Everytime I listen to this beautiful bhajan it brings me down to tears but also boosts my strength to never give up on what is so close to me despite all the hardship I may face. This song is extremely meaningful, if you have never heard it before listen to it a few times.
- Memorable moment of your life.
The birth of our two beautiful children, both births were very scary and stressful but memorable because they both were fighters and have come a very long way.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Awards:
My set of 10 questions for you are:
1. What is your favourite cuisine?
2. If you had to apply for a reality TV show which one would you choose and why?
3. At what age did you get your hands on cooking?
4. When going on holiday what item is a must and you can’t go without?
5. What is your favourite childhood memory?
6. Who is your inspiration?
7. List some interesting facts about yourself.
8. How would you best describe yourself?
9. What is your favourite drink/beverage?
10. How aware are you of allergies and could you cater for them. Give an example.
Once again Thank You Chef Divya for this lovely award.
Happy Blogging Chintal x