One cherry, two cherries, three cherries more….ooh I have 2.5kg box of deep red, juicy and plump cherries in the fruit bowl to get through. Some eaten by the kids, some by hubby and majority by myself as every time I walk into my “paradise” which yes of course is my kitchen I pick on these cherries. They taste absolutely wonderful but honestly could you sit there eating an abundance of cherries within a couple of days? Well I’m sure you could but for me my taste buds tingle and brain starts wondering on what I could make out of these juicy beauties and here we are a concoction of greek yoghurt, plump fresh cherries, coconut, white chocolate. Hmmmm heavenly right? Well you’ve not heard it all just yet because the great bit is there is NO BUTTER yes don’t rub your eyes you read it right no butter and if you have an allergy to gluten then these are definitely for you as they are Gluten Free too. To be fair when my husband took them to work they were gone within an hour and more was requested. The feedback was: ” The best cupcakes I’ve had in a while”, ” Gluten free? didn’t even notice it they were so moist, packed with flavour and divine” . So what are you waiting for, get some fresh cherries, a tub of greek yoghurt, some gluten free flour, eggs and sugar and whip up a fruity storm in your kitchen 😉
Gluten Free Coconut and Fresh cherry Yoghurt Muffins
Preparation time:25 minutes
Baking time: 25-28 minutes
2 Large eggs at room temperature
200g Caster sugar
230g Greek yoghurt – I used Total Greek yoghurt full fat
2 Tbsp Olive oil
230g Gluten free self raising flour- I used Dove’s farm
1 Tsp gluten free baking powder- I used Dr Oetker
50g Dessicated coconut
100g White chocolate chopped into chunks
150g Fresh cherries- weighed with stones, after weighing remove the stones and cut each cherry into quarter.
70g White chocolate
2-3 Tbsp dessicated coconut
1. Pre heat oven to 170 degree C or 150 degree for fan assisted. Line your muffin tray with paper cases.
2. In a bowl add eggs and sugar and whisk until pale and thick. Whisk in the yoghurt and oil.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, coconut, cherries and white chocolate chunks until well incorporated.
4. Spoon the mixture equally into your paper cases.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes, an inserted skewer into each muffin should come out clean.
6. Once baked, remove from oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
7. For the decoration, break white chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bowl over simmering water. Let it cool slightly and transfer into a piping bag.
8. In a pan over low heat toast the coconut.
9. Once the cupcakes have cooled down drizzle white chocolate icing over each cupcake, top with cherries and finish off with a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
1. If you don’t have a icing bag use a food bag and snip the corner of the bag to make a small opening.
2. Store your cupcakes in an air tight container in a cool dry place for 1-2 days.