Last couple of weeks have been great, I’ve attended a #Curryforchange launch, a #Modernlivingkitchen event by Zwilling and a lunch date with few foodie friends. A blog post all about the Zwilling event and products will follow soon. To be personally invited to these get together and events is a real treat, I’ve met some lovely people quite a few whom we interact with on social media yet have never met face to face. The power of social media never fails to amaze me, not only is is gratifying when you get recognised for your blogs and bakes but also inspiring to interact with others who share the enthusiasm. Majority of the times I get asked when do you get the time to bake and how often? Well the answer to that is whenever I get a moment you’ll find me in the kitchen and as to how often, put it this way last week I didn’t turn my oven on to bake for a couple of days and there was some serious withdrawal symptoms going on. This week i’m making up for those two days of not baking. Rummaging through my cupboards I came across some crystallized ginger, apricots and chocolate chips. Having just an hour in total before the school run my brain was in overdrive. Sometimes it’s a good thing as I was able to make this muffins from start to finish all under an hour. Now do you like the sound of that? Well even if I say so myself these taste absolutely delicious, perfect with a cup of tea for an afternoon or mid morning break. If you don’t have any of the ingredients, you can substitute quite easily which makes this recipe very versatile oh and not to forget the sugar content has been reduced. For the kids I omitted the ginger.
Apricot, Ginger and Dark chocolate chip muffins- Reduced Sugar, Nutfree
Preparation time- 20 minutes
Baking time- 25-30 minutes
Makes- 20-24 muffins
3 large eggs-room temperature
225g Caster sugar
375ml Semi skimmed milk- room temperature
185ml Vegetable oil
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp vanilla extract
600g Self raising flour
150g Soft dried apricots roughly chopped plus a few extra kept aside
75g Crystallised ginger- chopped small- keep 2 tbsp aside
100g Dark chocolate chips- keep aside 50g.
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degree C, 160 for fan assisted. Line muffin tins with muffin liners.
2. In the bowl of your mixer add eggs, oil, sugar, milk and salt and mix until well combined.
3. Fold in the flour to a smooth and lump free batter.
4. Mix in the apricots, ginger and chocolate chips (leave the extras aside for now).
5. Fill each muffin cases about 2/3rds, sprinkle ginger, apricot and chocolate chips.
6. Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, inserted skewer should come out clean.
7. Once baked, remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool down.
8. Once cool, grab a fork, a cup of tea and enjoy 🙂
I am linking this post to #Recipe of the week hosted by Emily Leary from A Mummy Too.